Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's Alive

For the past year or so I have been dealing with a huge annoyance on my wrist. It started growing a little after we moved to Springville and continued to get larger until one day it slowly started to shrink. After a few days it was completely gone and I was thrilled. That was some short lived excitement when what to my wondering eyes should appear but another bump starting to form again. Aghh it's only been gone for a couple weeks I thought. Why does it have to come back. And not only that it hurt all the time. Like a mom I just dealt with the pain because as all of you mom's know we seem to just deal with the pain because we have too many other things going on with the family to worry too much on whats going on with us. Any who I finally decided to go to the doctor and find out for sure what it was and sure enough it was a Ganglion Cyst, which really didn't mean anything to me. I just wanted it gone for good. They referred me to the hand specialist and he told me the same thing. He also told me people used to call these the bible bump because back in the day, and I'm sure even today people would get a big heavy book and just smash it down on the bump and it would go away. Seeing that mine had already come back once I was VERY unwilling to try that method. I opted for surgery. I figured it would take a few weeks to get in so I didn't think about it much until two days after my appointment the nurse called and said they didn't need a preauthorization and we could schedule it as soon as I was ready for it. Needless to say I wanted it done ASAP so I scheduled for that coming Monday. Yea, now it is gone and I am working on getting full motion in my hand again. IT WON'T BE BACK.

0 comments: