Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well I finally jump into the bloggers pool. We just came back from Arizona, and from visiting lots of Family that we havent seen for a while. It was a great Thanksgiving, we arrived about 1:30am on Thanksgiving morning and slept until 7:00am. The kids were ready to get up and play with their cousins. All of the big boys were doing the traditional playing football as soon as the sun came up so we cruised over to watch, and let the kids play.
When we were done it was off for the count down to the big turkey dinner. Everyone was getting their assignments together for the Feast. All the men and two of the girls,myself included, decided to go and do a little shooting. We all had a really good time. Richard found a good spot for us not too far from his house. I'm sure he will go back when he gets the chance.

We still had about 4 hours untill we were going to be ready, the kids got a lot of playing time in. Then the drama started. about 10 minutes before we were going to eat Teancum, Ammon and Dylan were outside playing by Jade, my brothers dog, when Ammon came in screaming and holding his mouth. There was so much blood, on his hands and his face. I managed to pull his hands away and there it was, a nice cut right between his nose and his mouth. Jade had scrached him. I knew right away I was going to have to take him in for stitches but everyone wanted to try and bandage him up and see if that would work first. We tryed super glue and a butterfly bandage, it just wouldn't work. By then we had finished dinner. I went and checked on ammon and then decided to take him in. Just like I thought he ended up getting stitches, 2 of them. He did really well and the nurse gave him the tools they had used to take home, he was really excited about that. He also got stickers and a free ice cream certificate. He is now doing well and hopefully won't have too bad of a scar.
Brigham received a black eye while we were there, I'm not sure if that on was from Grandma Ethington opening the door and getting him or him slipping on the Tile and falling. Either was his wasn't too bad considering.
Teancum had allergies from when we went shooting so we tried to put allergie eye drops into his eye only to find out that he was alergic to them. The rest of the time there he had a beautiful red eye.
On Friday everything had calmed down a little bit and we were able to get everyone together for family pictures. They turned out really nice. It was great to have everyone together, it had been a long time since that had happened.
Everything is back to normal, well as normal as it can get. We came home Sunday and it was a nice drive home. We took a slight detor and drove through all the little Desert towns from Indio through Palm Springs. We are glad to be back, and hope we don't have too much drama in the near future. We also hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

{sara} said...

Hi!

LOVE the blog and LOVE the pics.! I'll be checking it daily for updates...I'll be watching you!!! Maybe someday I will get "hip" and start a blog of my own.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Emily! Welcome! If you need help, let me know.