I had just taken the kids to school when I pulled into the garage. I got out of the car and looked down at the small ledge right next to the car where I saw the kids toy spider, so I thought. I was about to pick it up when I realized that it wasn't a toy, it was this huge wolf spider, yuck. Oh and I need to mention that it was kind of dark in the garage, my eyes aren't that bad. Anyway, I didn't want to step on it, it was too big and there would be guts everywhere. But at the same time I didn't really want to catch it because what if I didn't get it and I had to chance meeting it again or stepping on it by accident blaaah! However I found a bucket and was able to catch it without a hitch. It was literally the size of Brigham's hand. We took it over to the field behind the house and let it go. The boys thought it was really cool. The story doesn't end there, look what Teancum found about a week after we let the spider go...
This one wasn't quite as big, but still huge. I hope we don't encounter too many more of these.
P.S. The spider picture on the top is pretty true to it's real size on the screen, just in case you were wondering.
10 years ago








5 comments:
UGH!!! I hate spiders, especially big ones, well, small ones too. Actually if it is creepy and crawly, just classify it under the 'I HATE IT' category. All I can say is bug spray, lots and lots of bug spray.
Kelly
Eek!!! I hate spiders! You're so nice... I would've killed it!
Oh my gosh! You are a braver woman than me!
We get a bunch of spiders in our guest bathroom lately, but NOTHING compared to that!
You did good! I couldn't have killed it either...In fact I couldn'nt have gotten as close as you did!
Soooo brave....
Load up on the spidey spray!
Please do not send that spider this way. You can have it. I love you blog. How did you add the music to your blog? Let me know...or if you could send me the link of the music you have listed. I love it.
Melissa
PS...We should hook up sometime. Just don't bring your spider.
Post a Comment