Ever since I started working we haven't been able to do a whole lot all together. So when I found out that I had a saturday off we decided this was the time and we were going to take advantage of it all day long. First we started out just checking out some DI's on our way into Salt Lake, a favorite of the families lately. Then we thought it would be fun to let the kids ride the Trac's into town so we drove around trying to figure out where we could park for free and wala all the parking meeters were covered with a bag that said FREE 2HR PARKING. Cool, so we pulled into a parking spot that happened to be just around the corner from the Trac's station in the free area Yea!!
We were on our way towards the Temple grounds. When we got off all the kids just so happened to have to go potty so we rushed everyone into the Joseph Smith Memorial building and that was where we hung out for most of the time. Check out some of these cool pictures I took from the top.
The Trac's
A door on the top of the Temple's roof. I wonder what that is for, maybe maintance. I just thought it looked cool.
The Beautiful Salt Lake Temple.
This was the top of a crain on top of a building. I thought it was cool that there was an american flag way up there.
This on I had to do for my Dad and Teancum. It is the University of Utah campus. My Dad graduated from there and he took Teancum to a football game there a few weeks ago. He loved it.
Brigham being his goofy self.
The Angle Moroni
The Church office Building
A cool fountain with two Brides taking pictures.
All the kids checking out the view, Emma wasn't so sur she wanted to see the view.
Inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in front of their beautiful Christmas tree.
Well our two hours of free parking was almost up so we headed back to the car, but this was not the end of our adventure. Since Tim had never been up emegration canyon or seen the "Real" pioneer trail we thought, why not, lets check it out. So we set off for the next leg of our journey. Up the canyon we went as the kids said, oops I mean Tim said " are we there yet?" "No", I answered. Keep driving, it's still a ways up there. Then we arrived. It was beautiful Tim took all the boys out to go check out the trail. Emma was asleep and I had already walked on it so I let him enjoy it with the boys, Definatly a summer adventure we will have to complete later.
A beautiful view
Daddy and the boys headed up the trail
The sign
And still we wern't finished, we headed back down emegration canyon and stopped at a great little diner called, Ruth's Diner. It was pretty good and very homie. after we filled everyones bellies we were off to the temple again so we could see the Christmas lights. We found another free spot and rode the Trac's in again. The lights were amazing and the Temple of corse looked beautiful.
10 years ago








2 comments:
Emily, that is so neat! All the pictures are beautiful, and I'm positive your family will remember this family day forever! I'm happy for you, and your new job. I hope your New Year gets even better!
Love,
Brandi
What a fun family day! You got some amazing pictures too! The temple pictures are especially beautiful!
Post a Comment