Saturday was our 11 year Anniversary. I can't believe how fast and yet how slow time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday we met. I'll recap for those of you who don't know the story.
Tim and I met at a Highland,California church dance. I came to the dance with a couple of my guy friends and he was already their with his guy friends. When I walked in I thought WOW there are some really cute guys here, this should be fun. Tim and his friend Alma were standing there and started calling me the girl with the golden eyes. That was the nick name that they stuck with the whole night. Not too long into the dance a very handsome guy walked over to me and started talking to me, I knew right away there was something I really liked about him. Later we went to Denny's, a favorite after dance tradition, where we continued to get to know each other. Sadly my ride decided they were going to leave and head home. I had just met a great guy and wasn't ready to leave, Tim offered to take me back to my car. We sat in my car for about two hours and talked. We exchanged numbers and he went home. A few weeks went by and I started thinking I wonder why Tim hasn't called yet, I guess I will try calling him. I tried and tried and finally the third time I tried I talked to his Mom and she got the message to him that I had called. He called me back on a Saturday night and asked if I wanted to go on a date that night, of coarse I said "Yes". I met him at his parents house around 9:00pm and we went up to the mountains. He wanted to show me this really cool area by the ranger station so we walked off into the woods. After a short time of walking we arrived at these two pipes that were about 6" wide and about 5 feet off the ground, they were going across a little stream. He thought it would be fun to walk across them and so he brought me with him. We both walked across together and he wanted to show off and walk one pipe by himself. On his way back from his daring adventure he planted one on me. He said it was because I was in his way, but I think he just couldn't wait to kiss me. The rest of the evening we sat in the bed of his truck talking and looking at the stars. It was by far the most romantic first date I had ever been on. I went home knowing I had met the man I would marry. Tim knew a week later and we were informally engaged.
On June 14, 1997 he drove me down to the San Diego temple and proposed. I wasn't sure what he was doing because when we got there he took me out of the truck and started walking really fast. We were almost to one side of the temple when he noticed that there were people sitting on that side so he turned around and headed to the other side. We sat down and about a minute after that he got down on one knee and popped the question. I of course cried and obviously I said yes. We were married on September 20, 1997 in the San Diego Temple.
Eleven years have gone by and it has been amazing. I couldn't ask for a better husband. Tim is loving, caring, warm, spiritual, strong, forgiving, funny, adventurous and by far the best friend I have ever had. Thank you for giving me a ride to my car all those years ago and for an amazing life with you. I can't wait to see where the years ahead take us. Happy 11th Anniversary Tim, I Love You!!
10 years ago








2 comments:
Thanks for posting this! What a fun story! I had never heard it before. Congrats on eleven years! So glad to have you in the family.
Happy 11th aniversary!!! It seems like you just went on that cruise for your 10th! So fast! Anyway...I am glad you two are happy and in love! I hope you celebrated big time!
Love ya!
Post a Comment