For those of you that don't know, Tim has a new job and had to go to Atlanta, GA for two weeks. Sad I know but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for great new jobs, this time I knew exactly when we would be back together. Anyways, today started out like any normal Sunday in our house. We woke up. All the kids came into my bed to see if I was awake, they asked what we were eating for breakfast, we ate, then everyone started getting ready. Teancum and Ammon were ready first, I know surprise surprise. I thought that since they were ready they could help me get the other two ready while I was taking a shower. So I took out Brighams clothes and laid them on the bed so Teancum could help him get dressed.I also told Teancum that once Emma was done eating to take her out of her chair and clean her up. Well when I got out of the shower I heard a lot of noise downstairs, I thought to myself I hope Brigham is dressed, he wasn't. To make a long story short, nothing I asked them to do was done. But I was still on track to be on time to church, so I thought. I put Brigham's clothes on then Emma's then I finally got myself ready, I realized I didn't really like what Emma was wearing so I changed her clothes. Then we headed out to the car. I had a handful of things to put in the car along with the kids so I took my first trip out to the car and put my purse, phone and diaper bag on the front seat shut the door and walked around to put Emma in and the door was locked. How the heck did that happen?! Well I didn't realize that I had already grabbed the keys and when I put my stuff down I also set the keys down and something touched the LOCK button and there you go I locked the keys in the car with my purse and cell phone and on top of my plan to be on time to church I was now going to be late. I thought to myself I NEED MY HUSBAND RIGHT NOW!!!
I took our Honda to church very carefully since all the car seats were in the Toyota. I was able to get a hold of Tim to tell him my sad story and to get Jenny and Matt's number. They came to save the day after they were done with church. It's good to have family so close, thanks for rescuing me from my stupidity. Anyways, Tim will be back on Friday and I can hardly wait.
10 years ago








4 comments:
oh, yes. I know those moments well. :) Youre a strong woman! I'm glad he's coming home soon!
What would be do without our amazing husbands!
I am sure he misses you too! Hope your doing well.
Emily, it was so good to hear from you! How are you guys doing in Utah? That's fantastic Tim got a new job, I know you were worried when I talked to you last...(seems like years ago!) My sister in law has that slide slow on her blog as well, I am just finally able to change the background.(I know I'm a slow learner) Yours' is really cute, I can't believe how big Emma looks! Talk to you soon!
Brandi
Hopefully things are looking up by now. It sounded like you where having one of those days where it would be better to just crawl back in bed, and pull the covers over you head and not get out.
~Kelly
Post a Comment