Friday, July 11, 2008

The Great (Gross) Salt Lake

We took our first and probably our last trip out to the beaches of the Great Salt Lake. I have to say that it was an experience that only you can have. The pictures don't give it true justice, if you want to call it that. It was Tim's day off and we were driving in the area of the Great Salt Lake so we figured, sure lets stop and check it out. I was in Flip flops like usual so I thought I would just stay in the car while they walked out to the beach. I stayed there for a few minutes and thought what the heck I'm going. The first few steps should have been a sign for me not to continue, but I thought whatever we are doing something as a family so do it. As you can see I continued on. It was unforgettable and I did get some really cool and cute pictures.




We made it.....finally




A daddy and his little girl, how precious
Believe it or not all of the black spots are bugs.

We were all anxious to get back to the car and away from the bugs.


All of the bumps on the sand were dead birds. There was one area that you could look in both directions and just see a ton of dead birds. YUCK!

Here are some of the salt crystals that formed on the land. They were really crunchy when you stepped on them.
I can't believe how many bugs there were. It was totally gross, just watch the wave of bugs as Tim walks.

1 comments:

{sara} said...

Nasty!! I've heard it was gross...I had no idea how. Lots of CUTE pics, though!